Friday, March 19, 2010

March Madness

I love this time of year! The 70 inches of snow in my driveway (great cross training opportunity, eh), is finally gone and this week it feel downright tropical with temps reaching the 70s in the Philly area this week. Even had to extend a couple of my lunch runs this week to take advantage of the weather. Plus the NCAA basketball tourney is my favorite sporting event each year. With my DVR I can watch just about every game on the tube in front on my trainer.

Once the 3 layers of sweats are peeled off and the sun is shining, I am starting to get that itch to race again. This year promises to be alot of fun. I have a great group of Trakkers teammates to meet at Knoxville, Quazzy, and Cedar Point. I have an evil desire to do both the Olympic and HIM on back to back days at Quazzy to celebrate my 40th birthday with a final race to kiss 39 goodbye and another to welcome myself to the Master’s category. By the end of this year I should be able to say I have done more REV3 races that anyone else as I plan on doing the full series plus the double. Of course the cool thing about getting older in I get 5 extra minute for Boston and 20 extra minute for USAT Halfmax. I have my new Kestrel Talon Tri on its way, my first Tri bike, and have been having a great winter hammering the Computrainer and can’t wait to see how it translates to the roads. It’s almost time to get out there and have some fun. The thrill to compete and the joy of putting myself to the test and seeing what happens.

Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment