Friday, August 15, 2014

Cheribundi 7 Day Challenge: Day 7 Success!

Cheribundi 7 day challenge completed


Lets go back to day 1: One 8 oz bottle of Cheribundi contains 50 cherries. The ingredients are cherry juice and apple juice nothing else. Tart Cherries have one of the highest Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) among all so called super foods. Tart cherries do this by offering a high dose of anthocyanins, a specific class of antioxidents shown to battle free radicals and repair cell damage inside the body. Drinking 8 ozs of tart cherry juice for seven days has been shown to increase the body's anthocyanin levels needed to achieve maximum health benefits and feel your best. Red Cherry juice is said to help reduce inflammation, assist in athletic recovery, and help improve your sleep.


So how did Cheribundi work for me? If you have been following my blog you already know the answer.

1) Help reduce Inflamation: Grade A. Prior to the challenge I had a good number of aches and pains in my feet and knees and a sore spot in my calf. The past seven days these pains subsided even with an Olympic Distance Triathlon, 103.4 miles of cycling, 22.6 miles of running, and 1850 yards of swimming.

2) Help assist in athletic recovery: Grade B+. Day 2 I raced the Steelman Triathlon which featured a fairly hilly ride. I gave max effort and got a 2:09 second PR and a 5 min PR for the course and then helped break down transition. Cheribundi helped my legs snap back fairly quickly. Not quite as good as my NormaTec Boots for recovery but very good for a nutritional product.

3) Help improve Sleep: Grade A+. Don't think I have had a more restful week of sleep in years. I tend to toss and turn and wake up easily but last week I slept soundly all night long until my alarm (Clock or the four legged one that sleeps next to my bed)went off in the morning. I think this alone would be a successful challenge.

Overall I am very happy to have had the chance to try Cheribundi this week. Since Cheribundi can be found at Giant Stores and Wholefoods in my area, I know that it will remain a regular part of my diet going forward.

Cheribundi is endorsed and used by over 90 professional sports teams use Cheribundi including the Dallas Cowboys, the Philadelphia Phillies, New York Rangers, and the Houston Rockets as well as ultra runners like Scott Jurek.

No comments:

Post a Comment