Sunday, August 10, 2014

Cheribundi 7 day Challenge: Day 2

Day 2 of the CheriBundi 7 day challenge. Started off very early as my alarm went off at 4:15am so I could hit the road as late as possible to get to the 10th annual Steelman Triathlon at Lake Nockamixon. Only 4.5 hours of sleep, but I can say I did sleep well and felt pretty good. Got to the park at 5:25am and had to park in one of the upper lots and hike with my bike and tri backpack down to the marina. My legs felt pretty refreshed after feeling very heavy and fatigued earlier in the week.

I did my pre race ritual of Biotta Naturals Beet Juice, a half bottle for 6 days prior to the race in addition to my 2 days worth of CheriBundi Tart Cherry Juice (and a bottle of CheriBundi Restore). I also ate 2 bananas and a pear for a pre race meal. Overall, I felt great. I had a nice smooth swim and rode an aggressive bike leg and a steady but not spectacular run. But my legs felt good the whole time and those nagging aches and pains in my left calf (which I strained last season) and my knees were absent today. I ended up going 2:31:01, an Olympic Distance PR by over 2 minutes and a course PR by over 5 minutes.

Was it all the CheriBundi, probably not but I'd like to think it helped. Additionally, my Tri Club, The Spring Valley Multisport Gators, volunteered to help stay and help the race director tear down transition and the expo/food tents and load up the truck. Other than a blister, I wasn't stiff or sore at all. Same was true after getting out of the car after an hour plus ride home.

Overall, I would call day two a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment